Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blogging From the Outside

Thank you, Lord, for cool mornings! I am literally blogging from my back porch...birds twittering in the trees, soft blue skies untouched by the sun's full shining glory and a breeze teasing us with the possibility of fall. But that's all it is...a tease. I've lived in Texas my whole life and have learned never to trust Fall to come before Halloween. Even then, there are still a few mid-80-degree weather days left. Friday, November 4, 2005 was such a day. Reid was born that "Fall" day. I had every intention of bundling up my sweet new baby boy in a cute blue fleece ensemble. Didn't happen.

The purple clouds just lit up with pink! The sun is pressing up over the horizon.

I'm going to sit and watch now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have always wondered how Fall could be such a deep, stirring love of mine, yet we never really get to experience it much here in Texas. Who knows? Maybe I would neglect to appreciate it so much if it happened more often...It does make it that much more rich, I suppose. :)

debra parker said...

sounds glorious.

Colored With Memories said...

Isn't it great? I sent Lily to MDO in LONG sleeves!

I've got every window open and the breeze is great. Your idea is better though...I'm headed out to the swing.

Tania :) said...

ohh it sounds amazing! I can't wait to have a porch!! Enjoy the "fake fall" while its here!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love fall. This morning is so beautiful and the grass is even white and crisp, how weird cos today will be in the mid 90's you have got to love texas though!

Lisa Allen said...

those are my favorite times with the Lord...it really doesn't get any better for me...

The Shaffers said...

Amen!