Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Word to Sustain the Weary

Today has been a heavy-hearted day for me. I am thankful that He supplied me with a word to sustain me...a beautiful word...Grace.

"He's a God of glorious grace. God's grace means that I can rest assured that I'll have everything I need to be what he wants me to be and to do what he wants me to do in the situation in which he's placed me. I'm no longer restricted to the limits of my own strength and wisdom. By his grace, I've a new identity and a new potential. I'm a child of God; the risen Christ now lives inside of me. I need no longer fear people or circumstances; I don't have to feel weak in the face of suffering or temptation, because I no longer rest in the resources of my own ability. I'm in Christ and he's in me. This new identity gives me new potential as I face the realities of life in this bent and broken world. God's grace gives me reason to 'take heart.'"

(Taken from Paul Tripp's blog)

8 comments:

Fun With Five said...

"I need no longer fear people or circumstances..." I needed that one today. Thanks.JOHN316

olivia and henry said...

oh, i'm so sorry to hear your heart is heavy...that you're weary. thanks for sharing this. can't wait to see you next week and hug your neck! praying for you tonight. angie

The Durham's said...

Hey friend-

I am sorry you were hurting. How are you? Just wanted to touch base and let you know I was thinking about you:) Talk to you soon:)

Bark said...

I am thankful for the words the Lord shares with you! They always speak volumes to me!love you

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lauren -- those were timely words I needed as well in the midst of grief and needing great wisdom for the next steps. We have never met, but I am your sister in Christ and I will be praying for you!

the corsos said...

Thank you sweet Jesus for grace! I'm still learning how to walk in it. Thanks for sharing, Lauren. On another note, any advice on disciplining a biter? Landen has found another use of his teeth!! He's currently on "probation" at daycare. :) It was his second offense in one week.

Lauren Williams said...

i love this. those days do come don't they. fun seeing you saturday!

Caleb said...

Funny I stumbled upon your blog this morning but I have recently been reading Paul Tripp's book War on Words, the words you just posted look like they came straight out of that book. It has been a very encouraging book, but has also tore my world apart. I'm also glad to know now he has a blog.