Thursday, August 30, 2007

An Installment of Audreyisms

Episode One: Cookies and China

A: Omigosh, Mom.

me: What?

A: Miss Ashley and I made cookies last night. And....omigosh...we made some with white chocolate and macamamia muts....and they were just HORRIBLE! They had nuts in them! Disgusting.

*Commercial Break*

Brought to you by the makers of Toll House Cookies - Chocolate Chip, of course.

*And we're back...*

(Scene: Daughter on a pleasant bike ride with Mom. Polly Pocket helmet strapped on, girl atop bright blue, purple and white bicycle, pedalling her heart out while her Care Bear shoes' lights flash with equal intensity. Mom, wearing brown flip-flops and workout attire, breathlessly follows.)

A: Mom, you know what China rhymes with?

me: What?

A: China rhymes with bagina!

me: Bagina? You mean, v*gina?

A: Yeah.

me: Do you know what v*gina means?

A: No.

Next week: A lesson on female anatomy. Don't miss it!

10 comments:

Nat Pat said...

HA HA HA! and to think i'll be having these conversations with Lily all too soon...

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!

Amanda said...

hahaha...that is so great! I like how she just opened that door for you!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Too, too funny!

Sum said...

hahahahaha. i guess bagina is better than va-jay-jay.

Anonymous said...

They say to "call it what it is". Keep it real, now... :-)

MW

Ashley said...

Ha ha! I love it! Sounds like a converstaion Blair and I have had.

chavon taylor said...

oh wow. thats like when reid & audrey had bathtime and she ever so calmly pointed at reid's "private" and gave me this inquisitive look and said "what is that??" and i didnt skip a beat to say " ask your mommy and daddy when they get home, sweetie."

miss/love you!

Pete and Kimberly said...

Hi there from Asia! Just stumbled across your blog. Great story. My niece's word for v*g*na was actually china for a while. We had a sweet baby girl in March. Come visit us sometime!... Kim & Pete