Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ariel's Banity

Everyone knows that King David was considered a man after God's own heart, right? Well, my sweet little Audrey is a girl after her Momma's own heart! For Christmas, her Gigi (my mom's mom), gave her $20 to buy any toy she wanted (any toy that cost less than $20, of course). And she came away with a steal! Four dollars left to boot!

Here's what happened...

After a quick trip to the gym (I say quick because I am grossly out of shape and can only last about 30 minutes until I feel nauseous), we all headed to the neighborhood mecca...Super Target. Searching aisle by aisle, we finally spotted a deal. Sitting quietly on the very top shelf on the very last aisle was a Little Mermaid Talking Vanity. Or, as Audrey calls it, an "Ariel Banity"...the SLP (speech-language pathologist) in me corrects her every time, but the mom in me says, ah, she can't say it forever.

I digress. Anyway...

Precariously perched on my tiptoes, I reach for the deceptively heavy box and gently place it in our cart. Audrey and Reid cry for joy and we head to check out. As we near the counter, I notice that though the vanity is on clearance, it costs $29.98. So I tell Audrey that I will make up the difference. Upon arriving at the checkout counter, Audrey readies her $20 bill. The Target associate and I finally locate the bar code, she scans it and to our surprise reveals that the "banity" had been marked down again. Our total? $16.04. Victory! Audrey, like her momma, has experienced her first episode of the bargain shopper.

I included a few pictures of the spoils...



Momma working hard.



Audrey enjoying her new Ariel Banity!

2 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

fantastic post! Will you write mine for me!??

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

yes i will be there tonight. :)